|Departing from Alexandria Bay, the Uncle Sam Boat Tours can take you around the 1000 islands like never before. Enjoy the scenic views and the historic atmosphere that surrounds you.
Year after year, more people explore the 1000 Islands with Uncle Sam
than all other U.S. tour boats combined. Therefore, as you can imagine, there are over a thousand good reasons to tour with Uncle Sam. Here are just a few:
- Custom-built shallow-draft vessels get you close to the islands
- Their open top-deck gives you a 360-degree panoramic view
- Glass-enclosed lower decks heated in spring and fall for maximum comfort
- All tours visit or originate in the "heart of the 1000 islands"
- Unlimited stopover at historic Boldt Castle
- Several different types of tours
- Professional tour guides on all cruises
- All vessels are U.S. Coast Guard inspected for assured safety
- Restrooms, clean and spacious
- Castle Tours
- Several different types of vessels
Two Nation Tour
The Uncle Sam Two Nation Tour has long been a favorite of visitors to the
Thousand Islands Region. On this scenic tour you will pass by many island
mansions owned or visited by some of the most famous names in American history,
learning many interesting facts and legends along the way.
For over a hundred years the Thousand Islands area has been a popular
vacation retreat for some of the wealthiest and most influential people in North
America. You'll recognize many names, like Kellogg (of breakfast cereal fame),
Abraham & Strauss (who married twin sisters and built twin mansions here,
and who died together in the sinking of the Titanic), John Jacob Astor, George
Pullman (the inventor of the Pullman railroad car), and Ulysses S. Grant,
President of the United States, Thomas E. Dewey, Governor of New York, to name
just a few.