Way Back In Bed & Breakfast
A quiet country-like atmosphere in a residential neighborhood
||The Way Back In Bed & Breakfast provides a quiet country-like
atmosphere in a residential neighborhood. Here they offer the flavor of a quiet
country setting on just over 3 acres set far back from traffic, yet in the city
of Ogdensburg. The're also just minutes away from the Ogdensburg-Prescott
International Bridge linking the United States with our Canadian neighbors to
Originally a grainary, then a farmer's cottage, our home retains a charm of its rural past along with all the comforts of modern living.
They moved in to their small cottage thinking it was only a "temporary" home. That was over 40 years ago! After all the enlarging and remodeling they've done they decided to make it permanent. Since they've enjoyed themselves so much here, they've also decided to open their home to travelers and share the hospitality of the North Country.
They willl help you choose one of Ogdensburg's many fine restaurants for your evening meal, and fill you in on nearby attractions and activities to help you plan your stay in the area.
|At this house "way back in" from the road,
you'll find restful quiet in their two comfortable and attractively decorated
After a pleasant night's sleep,
you'll awaken to the aroma of freshly brewed coffee mixed with the smell of
Canadian bacon and scrambled eggs, or French toast made from home baked bread
and served with pure New York maple syrup.
| Juice, fresh fruit, cereal, and
Rena's delectable homemade jams and muffins make a healthy start to the day.
Breakfast is served in our solarium, from which you may glimpse ships passing up
or down the St. Lawrence Seaway as you plan your day's activities.
Their "Way Back In" from the noise of traffic, yet they are close to
the heart of the Seaway Valley. They are just 18 miles from St. Lawrence
University in Canton, and only 30 miles from Clarkson University in Potsdam.
It's only 30 minutes to the St. Lawrence Seaway's Eisenhower Locks and the
Robert Moses Power Project in Massena, and 40 minutes to the excitement of
Alexandria Bay in the famous 1000 Islands. Canada's capital city of Ottawa is
only an hour to the North, across the International bridge just down the street
from Their home.
Milton and Rena Goldberg
Be sure, when in Ogdensburg, to visit the Frederic Remington Art Museum, one of Milton's favorite places. In fact, if you express an interest, he may
even give you a personal tour of the Museum. That's where he spends much of his
spare time as a volunteer guide.
Here are some comments of guest from all around the world. They look forward to adding you to their list of
new friends, and helping you experience Northern hospitality.
- "...the muffins were just as good as predicted."
- Susan & Tom B., Troy New York
- "We've had a delightful time! Thanks for the tip on our dinner
meal and great conversation. Thanks for making our trip (honeymoon) to Northern
NY State a real pleasure.
- Nancy & Ray A., Memphis, Tennesee
- "Lovely Spot. Wonderful hospitality."
- Brian & Susan P., Lindsey Ontario, Canada
- "We're back and once again we're so pleased with everything.
Thanks for your warm hospitality and generosity."
- Barb & Wayne, Amherst, New Hampshire
- "What fabulous hospitality and a wonderful night's rest!"
- Dan & Patricia S., Lebanon, Illinois
- "An overnight in Ogdensburg: You have to stay at Rena &
Milton's. It is a must."
- Philippe & Janie, Victoria, British Columbia
- "Just like being at home with old friends"
- Thomas F., Brookfield, Connecticut
- "Thanks so much for a wonderful time! We'll be back!"
- Wendell & Jennifer S., Fort Drum, New York
- "Thank you for introducing me to Frederic Remington"
- Fred S., Winooski, Vermont
- "A little bit of paradise made exquisite by Rena and Milton.
Here's to a wonderful new friendship."
- Charlotte & Alan W., Manchester, Massachusetts
- "Life can be a dream in Way Back In"
- Huys U., Belgium
- "A home away from home. We'll definitely be back."
- Irene M. & Cara L., Ludwigshafen, Germany
- "It was great to be back. It's like going home again. Everythig
is so warm and friendly."
- Edie, Ray, & Amy B., Claverack, New York
Way Back In Bed & Breakfast
247 Proctor Avenue
Ogdensburg, NY 13669
|Today's Current Weather Condtions
Plan your trip with the understanding of the current weather conditions. To the right you can see what the weather is doing in the Ogdensburg area. The 1000islands.com team is dedicated to inform you before you go. Check back with us often and we will give you the most current condtions in the thousand island region.
This page is only to highlight the above business. Please contact them for the most current information.
Copyright © 2013 1000islands.com
All rights reserved.
This website is designed and maintained by Jasar Web Solutions, LLC
If you would like to contact the 1000islands.com team please use our contact request form.